To ensure a safe operation of your car, consider doing the following before starting your car engine.
1. Make sure the area around your car is clear.
2. Check fluid levels such as engine oil, coolant, brake fluid, and window washer fluid as frequently as possible, at least when ever you refuel.
3. Ensure that all windows and lenses especially the side mirrors are clean.
4. Visually check the tire for appearance and condition. Ensure that the tire pressure is within the recommended limit.
5. Lock all doors.
6. Adjust the seats to your comfortable position including the head restraints.
7. Adjust the inside and outside mirror base on your driving position and viewing angle.
8. Fasten seat belts and ask all passengers, if any, to do like wise.
9. Check the operation of warning lights when the key is turned to the “ON” position.
10. Tune the radio to the desired broadcasting station.
11. And, lastly make sure that the gear is in “Neutral” position when you are using a manual transmission and in “Park” position when you are using an automatic transmission.