Inspection procedure after engine leak repair
1) Turn the ignition switch “ON” (this is the position of the ignition key before starting). With the fuel pressure applied to fuel piping, check for fuel leakage at connection points.
2) Start the Engine, with the engine speed increased, check again for fuel leakage at connection points.
3) Run the engine to check for unusual noise and vibration.
4) Warm up engine thoroughly to check if there is no leakage of fuel, exhaust gasses, any fluids including engine oil and engine coolant on the repair engine.
5) Bleed air from line and hoses of applicable lines, such as in cooling system
6) After cooling down the engine, check again for oil/fluids level including coolant and engine oil, add if necessary.
To attain an efficient and successful engine repair and avoid unnecessary engine problems when the engine is in operation, inspection must be done after repairing the engine