Troubleshooting car problems of engine sputter while starting
Let’s check what causes the sputter by doing the following.
(1) Start your car, obviously it sputters during starting.
(2) Observe your car if the engine sputters at idling.
(3) Rev up the engine and start driving your car. Observe if the engine sputter still occur.
(4) Drive your car in various speeds. Observe if the engine continue sputtering.
(5) Record your findings, then diagnose based on the following.
When your car engine sputters at starting and when idling, but then stop when you rev up the engine and start driving. This only means that the valves in your car’s engine are not functioning properly.
However if the sputtering also occurs while driving but not in most speeds, then the only possible cause is a problem with the fuel injection system.
Possible Cause of Engine Sputter While Starting
Bad Valves or Problem with fuel injection system
How to Fix Engine Sputtering
(1) Bad Valves. A valve works is necessary, however this kind of work has an expensive procedure. You are lucky if your car is still under warranty just bring it to the dealer to fixed the problem, if not then bring your car to a reputable auto repair shop that specializes in this type of work but shop around for the best price.
(2) Problem on Fuel Injection System. Fuel injection system is very complex and is difficult to diagnose, you’ll need a mechanic that is expert on this kind of work. If a mechanic tells you that your car needs a new fuel injection, don’t decide yet seek first for a second opinion. Normally, the problem for the fuel injection system is only the sensors and not the fuel injection system itself and can easily be determined by a skilled mechanic.