To jump-start a car engine use a booster car battery with correct battery rating, incorrect battery rating will damage a car. Avoid a jump-start of frozen car battery, it could explode.
How to jump-start a car engine
1. Prepare both cars, car A that consist the booster car battery and car B that need to jump-start consisting the weak car battery.
2. Ensure that the parking brake on both cars is applied and the gear position is in neutral position for manual transmission and at park (P) position for automatic transmission.
3. Switch off all electrical equipment.
4. Connect the jump-start cable, positive to positive and negative to negative as shown on illustration in a sequence (1-2-3-4).
5. Start car A and keep the engine running at 2,000 rpm by pressing the accelerator pedal.
6. After a few minutes start car B, if the engine does not start turn the ignition "OFF" and wait for 3 to 4 seconds then starts again.
7. After car B starts, disconnect the jump-start cable as shown in the illustration in reverse sequence (4-3-2-1).